Brown Rice Noodle Stir Fry
Makes 2 Servings
-2 Servings Vietnamese Brown Rice Noodles with Seaweed (from Whole Foods, Gluten Free, Low Sodium)
-2 1/2 Cups Organic Baby Kale, Broken into smaller pieces
-1 or 2 Green Onions, Chopped
-1 1/2 Cup Sliced White Mushrooms
-1 1/4 Cups Chopped Tomatoes
-Cooked Tofu/Chicken Optional
-Any other vegetables you want–optional
-5 Tbs Creamy Almond Butter
-3 Tbs Warm Water
-1 1/2 Tbs Soy Sauce (low sodium)
-2 Tbs Chinese Rice Vinegar
-3 tsp White Granulated Sugar
- Make 2 servings of Brown Rice Noodles, as directed on package. Set Aside. Pour Sesame Oil on top to keep from sticking.
- While the water is boiling, prepare tomatoes, green onion, mushrooms, kale.
- Heat Skillet, Sautee kale and green onion in Sesame Oil, ~1 min.
- Add Mushrooms, ~1.5 minutes
- Add Tomatoes & Chicken/Tofu, ~1 Min
- Add noodles, ~30 seconds – 1 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle Sesame Seeds on top of each serving, Serve.
- Whisk all ingredients together in bowl. Pour on noodles and serve.
*For Best Results, after whisking put sauce in closed container & refrigerate for 2 hrs before serving.
Thoughts & Impressions:
-Rice noodles are sticky. Mix noodles with sesame oil right after finished cooking.
Thoughts and Impressions:
- Rice noodles are sticky. They’ll soften up again once added to the stir fry!
- I just used what I already had around–maybe add some broccoli next time.
- If anything, it’s ok to scale back on the vinegar in the sauce.